PRECISION BIOMONITORING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Precision Biomonitoring Inc., is a rapidly expanding innovative company based in Guelph, Ontario.
PBI has developed leading edge mobile DNA analytic tools that provide the ability to identify any organism, anytime, anywhere. We have applied this capability to the COVID-19 health emergency by bringing rapid, mobile DNA analysis to aid healthcare workers in surveillance, detection and monitoring of the disease. Our novel technology will increase safety for healthcare workers, speed the detection of the disease and contribute to containing the spread of the disease to the benefit of all humans.
The project manager (PjM) is responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery of projects under their management. Utilizing PjM best practices, tools, and processes the project manager provides the central hub for project information collection and sharing. As an active project participant, it is the project manager’s responsibility to assess the project status, press for adherence to agreed upon schedules, identify and address roadblocks to progress, work to address resource imbalances, to solicit team opinions and updates, and to report project status to the project team, project sponsor and company leadership.
The Project Manager works closely with Research & Development, Quality, Operations, Regulatory, Clinical Affairs, Finance, Marketing, Product Managers, and contract manufacturers in the planning, execution, and communication of key projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DELIVERABLES
- Adhere to Quality Management System documented procedures.
- Utilize best practices and tools for project creation, execution, and management.
- Assist cross functional teams in the preparation of project charters, plans, goals, and schedules.
- Manage cross functional project priorities, dependencies, resources, and schedules.
- Provide training on project management methodology and use of templates.
- Lead efforts for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Engage with internal and external resources to resolve project issues.
- Manage the issues and risks to the project’s successful outcome.
- Report progress of the project at regular intervals to the project sponsor and Design Review Committee
- Document project issues and ‘lessons learned’ consistently across projects.
- Develop and execute risk management strategies.
- Other duties deemed appropriate for a Project Manager.
- Bachelor Degree, health science, genetics or similar preferred.
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred.
- IVD Project Management.
- 2+ years of project management experience in the medical device industry, or similar.
- Knowledge of project management including common tools and techniques, especially MS Project.
- Exposure to formal quality management systems, and production environments for physical products in biomedical or related markets.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even without direct authority.
- Ability to communicate across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Solid knowledge of corporate project reporting, stage/gate and design control processes.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Team building experience with the ability to initiate and model positive change.